Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Year and the Holidays

If one has a blog, one should add comments frequently.  Since I have little to say, I have not kept up.  I will try to do better this year of 2014.
The Holidays were typical this year.  We had the King family for Christmas Dinner.  Nathaniel was very tired    and melted down after dinner.  However, he told his parents that he had to come here to get his Hess truck and he did notice that there was now a Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer with our village display. (Uncle Frank had painted a red nose on one of the reindeer after he complained last year.)  Harper passed out on the way here, so she was in a better mood.  Joe and Francine did not come in until January.  The ballet did a post Christmas performance of the Nutcracker and then he had to supervise placing the sets back in the warehouse.  He was here for a day and a half.
We did not do the Lumia family ravioli dinner this year.  Deb and Samantha were in Denver that weekend.  Maybe we'll do it some time in February or late March.
New Years was spent in 2 places.  We saw the Philadelphia fireworks from the balcony of the Horner penthouse.  The barge was directly in front of their building and we were looking direcly into the fireworks.  That was spectacular.  Then we went to Rox and Joe's a for dessert and a rousing game of Mexican dominoes.  We barely made it to midnight!
This week we took down all of the Christmas decorations and stored them away.  Its a bit early for that but we took advantage of the strange weather to work in the garage and outside.  Its so much work to take the stuff down and put it out and then put it away.  Its hardly worth it.  I know I'm gettin old!

No comments:

Post a Comment