Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

The photo is from 1980 and was taken on the front porch with my children.  Its one of my favorite photos.  Joe was 3 and Margs was 5 1/2.  Its difficult to realize that it was taken 31 years ago.
Today is my 70th birthday.  I feel I should have some profound thoughts and comments on the occasion but I don't.  Today is also Easter and we had our usual Holiday family brunch.  Addie and Julianna were beautiful in their Easter dresses--Addie in yellow and Julianna in white and purple.  Nathaniel had fun playing with Daddy, Pop and Uncle Frank.  He didn't leave anyone out.
I received good wishes from family and friends on Facebook and got calls from my cousins in California and Indiana, my nephew in Sao Paolo Brazil, and of course my son in Houston.  I also received a surprise gift from a good friend.
Overall it was a good day and I am grateful for it. 

1 comment:

  1. Frank - looking at that photo, I realize you were a hottie then and a gem now. Sometimes, at the ripe old age of 56, I get tired and discouraged. And then, every Tuesday morning, you walk into the studio and light up all of our lives. I love the way you love and honor your family. I love the way you call Grandma "Grandma" when you are painting her.
    I'm very grateful for knowing you these last 4-5 years. Happy 70th :)
    hugs, Roni

    ReplyDelete