For the past 2 years I have been fortunate enough to volunteer at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. We have very good friends who have a home there and invited a group of us to come for the festival. This year as part of the event we drove out to Redford's Sundance Resort for a screening and I was able to take some (for me) good shots of the area. There is a stream running through it (not a pun on a Redford film) with a couple of waterfalls. The mountains surround the area with the ski lifts starting in the middle of the area. In addition to the annual film festival, Sundance hosts theater workshops throughout the year.
The setting is beautiful, with snow covered mountains and cabins nestled in the woods.
These three paintings are my attempt to capture the place. They are from the photos I took from different angles as I strolled the paths before the film.
No comments:
Post a Comment