My blog is combination of my paintings and experience with painting and my long time interest in my family's genealogy. I have been painting for about 20 years but really only in earnest for the past 5 or so. My genealogic pursuits started about 20 years ago when I learned that the local Mormon Family History Library had microfilms from all over the work. My current database now numbers about 1700 people covering 15 or more generations and about 575 years.
Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom
Thursday, May 23, 2013
The lower painting I started on an 11x14 canvas the first day of the workshop. It wasn't working as the subject matter was small related to the canvas size. There would be too much red fabric. I finished it at home on a smaller canvas (9x10) and am very satisfied with the result.
The top painting I started on the second afternoon. It is an 11x14 canvas. I was able to do all of the objects but was unsure about the background. Abbey suggested using the bricks from the fireplace I was sitting near and I finished the painting at home. Again I am pleased with the result. I sent her a photo of the first one and she seemed delighted with the final product.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment