Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Herbert Farm

Soon after the Allentown Art Guild was formed the Martins arranged for a Saturday of plen aire painting at the Hebert Farm.  Its a working farm with a large collection of peacocks and peahens roaming freely.  They also fly up into the lower branches of the trees and were rather unnerving at first.
This was my first and only attempt at plen aire painting.  I stuck to basics and painted one of the barns.  I also took photos of a couple of the peacocks with the hope that someday I would have the courage to add one or more to the painting. 
This past week I finally bit the bullet and added a white peacock to the foreground.  Now everyone will know that this barn is part of the Herbert Farm!

Since I started painting again, I resorted to my favorite subject--flowers.  I did the parrot red tulip and then found a beautiful photo of a yellow iris which I painted.  These two paintings are 5x7.  The tulip is done on canvas paper and is matted to 8x10.  I inherited several packs of canvas paper and I like painting on it as storage is much less of a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment