Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Florals

Obviously, I like painting flowers.  I like roses, tulips, irises, magnolias, in fact just about any flower.  We try to get to the Philadelphia Flower show when we can.  The year that orchids were the central theme, I was in heaven.  There were so many different kinds and colors to see.  I took several photos and painted a couple of them.
Tulips are harbingers of spring and lovely weather.  Like dogwood, they are joyous to see in part because the signal spring and warm weather.  Asters and mums signal fall and cooler weather so they are less wonderful to me.
Here are some paintings of tulips I did recently.
 Yellow tulips are Carolyn's favorites and these will go beautifully in the newly redone kitchen on LBI.
 This collection of red tulips are standard fare.  I've done similar arrangements in a variety of colors.
The red parrot tulip was done on a small (5x7) canvas and done free hand.  I am pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment