Fortunately, my daughter travels a bit. I get the benefit of her photo taking. She visited her cousin in Bear Valley, California a year or so ago. Its between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe via the notorious Donner Pass. Since its between 4 and 8 thousand feet, it gets a lot of snow--10 or more feet. Its great for cross country skiing as well as down hill. In the summer the landscape is populated by large boulders. In the winter the boulders are under enough snow not to be a problem. People are known to ski into their second floor deck, the snow is so high. Our cousin was shoveling snow off her porch in June! These three paintings are from photos taken during my daughter's trip on the one day she did some cross country skiing.
The middle picture our cousin took of my daughter and she has the finished product in her home. The last photo I did recently. My friend, Donna supplied the photo of the doe in her yard, which I added to the painting. I think its a good addition.



No comments:
Post a Comment