My blog is combination of my paintings and experience with painting and my long time interest in my family's genealogy. I have been painting for about 20 years but really only in earnest for the past 5 or so. My genealogic pursuits started about 20 years ago when I learned that the local Mormon Family History Library had microfilms from all over the work. My current database now numbers about 1700 people covering 15 or more generations and about 575 years.
Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Another new landscape
This is another picture I found on the internet. I think it was on Paint my picture.com. The original picture was quite cluttered with signs and other things that I think were a distraction. Again with the help of Susan I came out with this painting. I'm pleased.
Susan has a class of about 20 people. She manages to work with each person. She continuously walks around the room offering comments and encouragement. She has a good eye and is trying very hard to get me to paint more loosely. That's a goal I would like to achieve. She also has a good color sense and does not like it went we use paint directly out of the tube. Colors should be mixed! That's another area in which I am weak.
Thanks Susan for your encouragement and advice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment