My blog is combination of my paintings and experience with painting and my long time interest in my family's genealogy. I have been painting for about 20 years but really only in earnest for the past 5 or so. My genealogic pursuits started about 20 years ago when I learned that the local Mormon Family History Library had microfilms from all over the work. My current database now numbers about 1700 people covering 15 or more generations and about 575 years.
Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
New Florals Fall 2014
I guess I really enjoy painting flowers. These are my 3 latest attempts. Roses, of course, are special flowers for me. My mother has a decent sized rose garden that she and everyone else tended religiously. She had some beautiful roses. I especially remember the deep, deep red one. I wish I remembered the name of that one. Also both my mother and mother-in-law were named Rose!
Cally lilies I think are beautiful. Of course, I can't look at one and not think of Katherine Hepburn. Every imitator used the line, "The cally lilies are in bloom again."
I found the picture of the yellow lilies on the internet. I think that one came out well, thanks to my new teacher, Susan Winter. I must admit that I've learned quite a lot from her in the past couple of months. She's an excellent teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment