My blog is combination of my paintings and experience with painting and my long time interest in my family's genealogy. I have been painting for about 20 years but really only in earnest for the past 5 or so. My genealogic pursuits started about 20 years ago when I learned that the local Mormon Family History Library had microfilms from all over the work. My current database now numbers about 1700 people covering 15 or more generations and about 575 years.
Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
additional paintings
The top painting was an assignment Susan gave us before I stopped going to class. We all did paintings of clouds. I decided that I would turn it into a landscape with the sky as the prime focus.
The beginning of May was our 45th anniversary. I sent peach roses and of course took photos. Peach is a difficult color. One cannot purchase "peach" paint. I guess I could have started with flesh tone but I did not. This is a mixture of cad orange, cad yellow, a touch of alizarin crimson. The shadow color included a touch of purple too. It was a difficult color to develop and I needed help from Susan to arrive at a decent color. I did not want this rose to turn into a pink one.
My problem with painting is the lack of support I get. Susan will tell me she likes my work etc but I think she just says that to keep people coming to class. If there are too few attendees, the Senior facility will stop the classes. I get no support from family and friends and giving the paintings to Habitat provides no satisfaction.
Classes begin again after the Holiday, but I am not sure that I want to go back. What is the point?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment