Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Thoughts

I just realized that blogs are not just for long essays but are really an opportunity to make some simple or brief statements.  I've been using Facebook a lot for short comments but its not really the place for a lot of certain types of comments.  At least some of my political diatribes get support from a few friends and relatives.
In any case, as I was driving home tonight a big Chevy Tahoe was coming off the interstate that has a YIELD sign.  I was the only car on the road but the Tahoe did not hesitate.  He just pulled on to the road in front of me.
The people who don't feel they should yield or stay in line etc. are part of the narcissistic generation.  I read that comment somewhere but don't remember where.  They are the I'm important people.  That is because their parents told them how "special" they were growing up.  "You are special, darling!" They heard that continuously in their formative years.  So now in their 20's or 30's they still think that they are special.  They don't have to follow rules of any kind. 
There is another group that I love.  They have to cross several lanes of traffic to the exit because they did not plan ahead.  There are exit signs usually a mile or more before hand.  But they stay in the left hand lane until the last possible second; then cross several lanes to just make the exit.  These people can not plan ahead.  The further one can plan the smarter one is according to at least one course I took.  People were graded as 1-6 and the progression was 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 1 decade and a century.  I think 1 day is too long for the lowest level.  One day relates to all those people who actually live day to day.  The smartest people can plan decades or more ahead.  These are the brilliant people like Roosevelt and Churchill who understood the long periods of history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment