Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Saturday, August 22, 2015

My favorite children

Once I returned to painting, I decided I wanted to do portraits of the Campbell kids.  I chose my favorite photos of each child to paint.
 This is Nathaniel about age 2 1/2 or 3.  I remember the first time I saw the photo and thought he looked "so old."  He is now 6 and starting first grade.  Since he'll be in school all day, my time with him will be limited.  But, we'll still baby-sit them and I think he'll still want to come to our house for the peace and quiet.
 Harper was about a year and a half when came to LBI.  She took over this car and when I looked she instinctively had her foot on the dashboard.  She was almost 2 going on 15!.  That Christmas she received a rocking horse which she naturally rode side-saddle.  She is now 4 and a very sweet thoughtful child (most of the time).
 
Silas is the baby.  At the time of this photo, which Margaret took, he was about 7 months old.  He weighed 30 pounds.  He is now over 30 pounds and will turn one, the first week in September. He is starting to walk but still loves to be carried, which I can barely do!  He is a funny interactive little boy who makes me laugh easily.
 
I guess I will give these paintings to their parents.  I only hope that they like them!

1 comment:

  1. Jen and Rich will love these! They are awesome and I can really see their personalities in your portraits.

    ReplyDelete