My blog is combination of my paintings and experience with painting and my long time interest in my family's genealogy. I have been painting for about 20 years but really only in earnest for the past 5 or so. My genealogic pursuits started about 20 years ago when I learned that the local Mormon Family History Library had microfilms from all over the work. My current database now numbers about 1700 people covering 15 or more generations and about 575 years.
Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom
Sunday, October 4, 2015
Silas at 1
I have many nieces, nephews, grandnieces and grandnephews and 4 great-grandnephews. One of my nephews is a grandfather. Those that I know usually become special. My brother's four sons have always been important to me. I even have a great-nephew who was born on my 60th birthday.
Lately Nathaniel and his sister Harper have become very special to me. I spend a bit of time with them almost every week. The other day Nathaniel wanted to know what I was doing as I hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks. When I did visit, he sat on me for over a half hour watching TV with me. The older two love my anise biscotti and chocolate chip cookies and always make a fuss when we visit.
. However, this little guy has become very special too. He is Silas, Nathaniel's baby brother. He turned one the first week in September and is now walking well. He takes my finger and leads me where every he wants to go. He understands what ever I tell him. From these photos one can see that he has become an adorable little boy. He may never replace Nathaniel and Harper but he is becoming a joy to behold and to babysit.
I just love these photos! The top one looks like a great head shot and the lower one is just a delight!
I recently brought some anise biscotti to their house and was curious to see if Silas even liked them. They are not sweet and can be an acquired taste. Silas liked them from the start. Later, I learned that he prefers having a biscotti in each fist. He then eats them, taking a bite of one and then the other.
I was next to him at dinner the other night and we had given him his own bag of biscotti. He indicated he wanted my coffee. I told him that it was hot, so "no". He insisted so I took his biscotti and dipped the very tip into my coffee like a good Italian. He liked it and wanted more! However, I use artificial sweetener so his mother said no more.
I used to make these cookies for my brother who enjoyed them for breakfast. Now I make them for my brother-in-law's grandchildren!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment