Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Recent work and current comments




These are some of my recent work.  I realized that I have been painting for about 30 years.  The last painting I sold was a couple of years ago.  I donate the excess work to Habitat or to various other charities, such as my friend's scholarship fund in honor of her husband.
The first is a chapel in south Jersey that I did from a postcard.  The second is a friend of Susan Winter's that I did from a photo.  I entered it into the Monmouth Co.Senior Cit. Art Show and it took second place.  The third is the set of twins that I had hoped to give to their parents and the bottom one is of my mother-in-law that I gave to my wife for Christmas
I have to admit that my wife is not very supportive.  The only one of these that she sort of likes is the one of her mother.  The others she either did not like or greeted them with "Something is not right!" Joe and Francine already have 3 of my paintings and while they show a little interest apparently do not want more.  Margaret also has a few of my earlier works but has never expressed any desire for others nor has she commented pro or con, on any of my recent work that she has seen.
With the lack of encouragement, I find it hard to continue painting.  I just finished one that Susan likes very much but Carolyn greeted with, "Something is wrong!"  The current one I was going to try to do for my cousin.  But, I find it difficult to offer anything to a friend that Carolyn does not like. After all these people are primarily her friends.  So I find it difficult to continue.  It seems such a wast of time and effort.  My painting teacher tells me how good my work is but I assume that has an element of self interest to keep me taking lessons.
Right now I am seriously considering ending this charade this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment