I apparently started this blog in 2011. I have used it to
post most of my paintings, some comments about politics, the theater and
movies. I have also posted articles about
several family members:
·
Ellen Donlin King—my wife’s grandmother of whom
I did a portrait
· Wedding photos from us and our parents
·
Peter Lumia—my brother about whom there are 3
postings
·
Rose Milea King—my mother-in-law
·
Nathaniel Campbell—the joy in my life
·
John King—my father-in-law
·
My cousins
·
Cousin Peter Aiello
·
Cousin Lucy Aiello
·
Grandparents—particularly Margarita Vitrano
Lumia
·
Orsula Greco Amodio—my maternal grandmother
·
Nathaniel and Harper Campbell
·
The Aunts—my father’s sisters
·
Silas Campbell—the new baby who is a delight.
Several of these postings were
done in memory of the person after they died.
My Brother was an Only Child came from a comedian from the 1950’s who
frequented the Jack Paar Show. Since
Peter was an only child for almost 10 years I could not resist. Peter’s death
affected me more than I would ever have imagined. I’ve
lost many cousins but Peter and Lucy Aiello were around when I was little and
were a big part of my early life. My
Aunts were also important people.
I obviously have not tackled my parents, Aunt
Phil who lived with us, or my mother’s siblings. These people will have to be the subjects of
future postings. My parents, Phil and
Zitzi Raffaela may prove to be difficult topics, but I owe them the
attempt. Hopefully, this list will be a
forecast of future topics, especially since I haven’t painted in 4 months. There are no new pictures to display.
No comments:
Post a Comment