I was in a good mood yesterday. Then last night, an encounter with a crackpot
relative ruined it. In any case, for
some reason I awoke yesterday and remembered a couple of skits from Second City
back when I was in College. We would go
occasionally to the shows. Some great
people came from Second City.
In the first one I remember, Severin Darden was a tour guide
at the Art Institute taking a group through a gallery. They stop at a painting and someone from the group
calls out, “I don’t like it.” Darden
quickly replies, “Well, you’re wrong!”
In the second one, Avery Scriber limps onto the stage in an
oil slicker. He steers using a large
ship’s wheel. He calls out, “Ahoy,
there! Have you seen a white whale?” A voice replies, “Aye. Two weeks ago. We killed it.” Blackout!
I am not sure why I remember these two skits
from the several shows I was privileged to see.
They have just stuck with me as funny, stupidly clever routines
Second City will be in Chicago in May. You should get tickets!!!http://www.mccarter.org/ticketoffice/eventdetail.aspx?page_id=7&event_id=9746
ReplyDelete