Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Friday, June 19, 2015

Campbell kids

     Wednesday, Nathaniel graduated from kindergarten.  There were 4 AM classes of about 20 children each with another 4 PM classes.  Its a big district with lots of children and the ceremony was well attended by moms, dads, and grandparents.

First graders now!
    

     As I mentioned before, Nate asked us to be there and I'm glad we were as his grandparents were not.  He was looking for us and gave a smile when he saw us.  His Mom and Aunt Chappie were there too.
     The children marched in to "Pomp and Circumstances."  That got a giggle out of the people who recognized the music.  They looked so serious!  After getting settled they sang a couple of songs including one about "sliding into first grade."  The significance of the slide is that this "tall one" is for the big kids only.  So now they are big enough to use it!  Each teacher called her students to slide down, gave them a hug and tapped them with a wand to signify them as first graders.  It was a much nicer ceremony than I thought it would be and Nate was pleased we were there.
     Thursday was the last day of school so we took them to IHOP for pancakes to celebrate.  We stayed to help Jen a bit and then started to leave.  I hugged Harper and Nathaniel, telling them they were my favorite kids in the world.  Nathaniel asked if that included Silas and I assured him that it did.
     I really love these 3!








2 comments: