Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Saturday, August 27, 2016

New paintings



I hadn't painted since the Holidays.  Fortunately, my friend Donna pushed me into returning to painting.  We paint together one day a week.  Working at the same time gives us the opportunity to comment on each others work, which is a major benefit for me.  She has good comments to make and I think I provide her with helpful hints as well.
We decided that we will put several paintings each in the Freehold Gallery in November.  I will have probably 6-7 paintings to show, most of them new.
The top painting is a red dahlia.  The second is of daffodils from a photo I took this spring in Sayen Gardens.  We love to roam that park in April and May when it is full of spring flowers of every kind.
The third is a variation of a painting I did 25 years ago. I decided to see if I could do as good a job and make the pink roses to be yellow ones on a lighter colored basket.


No comments:

Post a Comment