Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Painting

I was finally able to return to painting class today.  Between trips to Texas and Florida, broken ribs, and other events, I haven't been to class in several weeks.  In class I am working on a large canvas to recreate a view of the Sundance Resort in Utah.  Sundanceis a ski resort owned by Robert Redford that also has a movie theater at which some of the Sundance films are shown.  We drove there to see a group of short films that were the least successful of all the films we saw this year.  However, the place is beautiful, set in the mountains with a stream, a waterfall and remarkable vistas.  The trip there was great just to see the area.
I was pleased with at least 4 or 5 photos I took and hopefully they will result in a small collection of paintings.
Meanwhile, I have been doing some small paintings of flowers.  I love to do them and have improved quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment