Maria Raffaela

Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom

Monday, October 29, 2012

Recent Painting Events

  The Artisits of Yardley are very active.  They had a members only show and I entered the painting of the Bed and Breakfast.  Then they had a Harvest Fest with an auction.  Unfortunately, my painting from Park City did not sell.  No one from Penn was interested in a painting from Utah.
  They also have a small show in the local Java Jim's, a coffee house next to a supermarket.  I entered a painting of a white iris and that sold!  So, with that small encouragement, I entered 2 paintings for the next show:  a red American Beauty rose and a yellow rose.  I hope they will sell too.
  AOY is also doing a small canvas show.  Each canvas is 6x6 and will sell for $100.  I am entering a yellow daffodil and a small version of the Hilton Head (Calibogue Sound) painting.  I am unsure about their pricing but am pleased so far with my work on these 2 canvases.
  AOY was invited to do a show at the Trenton Museum.  AOY is a very big organization--over 225 members, many of whom are professional artists.  They make their living from their art.  Unfortunately, amateurs like me competed with the professionals whose work was accepted for the show.  I must suggest in the future they divide the professionals from the amateurs to be fair.  Am not sure they will agree.
  The group however, encourages me to work steadily which is good.
  My art teacher is also getting me to branch out a bit.  After doing so many landscapes, I am working on a still life that I arranged myself, satisfactorily.  I want to do one that includes my medical bag and stethoscope, but haven't decided what else should be in the grouping.

No comments:

Post a Comment