My blog is combination of my paintings and experience with painting and my long time interest in my family's genealogy. I have been painting for about 20 years but really only in earnest for the past 5 or so. My genealogic pursuits started about 20 years ago when I learned that the local Mormon Family History Library had microfilms from all over the work. My current database now numbers about 1700 people covering 15 or more generations and about 575 years.
Maria Raffaela
Great-Grandmom
Saturday, October 27, 2012
tribute
Its been a year since Mom King died. We are still cleaning out her house, where she lived for 70 years. The amount of stuff there is overwhelming. My wife, my daughter, and I have spent many a day there going through closets, drawers, and rooms. Before she died I took a frame that I liked from her (with her permission). I painted the view of Bushert Gardens to fit that frame and it really looks good.
This is a rendition of the faded old print that I took out of that from. This print and the frame hung in the hallway for all the years I've been in the family (over 40 yrs.). I am rather pleased with the result and therefore call it Tribute. Its a tribute to Rose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment